Moderation of newsgroup to stop irrelevant postings/charter revisions

Chuck Miller rellim at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Thu Jan 6 14:46:58 EST 2000

Hi All,

In an effort to stop the irrelevant postings to this newsgroup, I have
volunteered my time to serve as a moderator if there is a consensus among
the participants that favors this change in status. I assume that a lack of
a response reflects your approval. If you have objections, then feel free to
discuss them via e-mail to the group at  toxicol at net.bio.net. The charter
also needs revision to reflect the change. The amended charter to the
newsgroup appears below.

TOXICOLOGY Newsgroup Charter:

The TOXICOLOGY forum is a BIOSCI/BIONET newsgroup created for the purpose of
rapid information exchange between toxicologists and other researchers.
Appropriate topics for this forum include any kind of
information that is relevant to toxicology.

Appropriate topics will include:
- biotransformation of toxicants
- systemic toxicology
- teratogenesis, genetic toxicology, and carcinogenesis
- cellular, biochemical, and molecular toxicology
- environmental toxicology
- analytical and clinical toxicology
- occupational toxicology
- forensic toxicology
- regulatory toxicology and toxicological risk assessment

Formation of the toxicology news group will provide :
- a forum for the discussion of ideas, problems, and recent developments  in
toxicological research.
- a means for obtaining research protocols, strains, and reagents.
- a means for developing collaborations between labs.
- a bulletin board for any announcements concerning new web sites, meetings,
congresses, courses, new informational databases, job offers, etc., related
to the discipline of toxicology.

This news group will be moderated. Participants shall adhere to the general
regulations regarding posting to BIONET newsgroups:

A) PERSONS POSTING MESSAGES TO THIS NEWSGROUP ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY
STATE.

B) The moderator and BIONET are not responsible for the accuracy or editing
of information posted to this newsgroup. We do not have the time or
facilities to perform this function.

C) Individuals posting information to this forum should use proper
"netiquette". Extraneous mass postings (a.k.a. SPAMs) will be deleted
without consulting the sender. Messages posted "in good faith" that contain
questionable content may be returned to the sender for revision or
clarification.

D) The forum is to be used only for non-commercial purposes. Commercial
e-mails will be deleted without consulting the sender, and only individuals
without conflicts of interest (financial or otherwise) on a particular
subject should conduct discussions in this forum.

--
Charles A. Miller III, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
rellim at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu