Assistant/Associate Professor Molecular Pharmacologist/Toxicologist, Univ. Connecticut

Chuck Miller rellim at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Fri Mar 17 09:47:54 EST 2000

Assistant/Associate Professor Molecular Pharmacologist/Toxicologist
University of Connecticut The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the
School of Pharmacy at the University of Connecticut (website:
http://pharmacy.uconn.edu) invites applications for a tenure-track position
at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in its pharmacology/toxicology
discipline to begin January 1, 2001. Appointment will be commensurate with
level of experience. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in pharmacology or
toxicology or related fields; postdoctoral experience; and will be expected
to develop and maintain innovative, independent, and externally funded
research programs, which emphasize molecular pharmacology and/or toxicology.
The successful candidate will also be expected to teach at both the
undergraduate and graduate levels. Preferred research interests include but
are not limited to developmental/reproductive toxicology, inflammation
biology, cell survival, or xenobiotic regulation of gene expression. The
successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact with and
complement our existing programs in cell signaling and receptor-mediated
xenobiotic interactions and to interact with faculty in our NIH pre- and
postdoctoral training program in toxicology. Applicants should send a
curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and arrange for three
letters of recommendation to be sent directly to: Dr. Andrea K. Hubbard
Chair, Pharmacology Toxicology Search Committee Department of Pharmaceutical
Sciences School of Pharmacy, U-2092 University of Connecticut Storrs, CT
06269 E-mail: Hubbard at uconnvm.uconn.edu Applications will be received until
the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin April 15,
2000. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and people with
disabilities.