(annecdotal): a few posts from the eczema-list

arie_ at hotmail.com arie_ at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:59:01 EST 2000

With thanks to Bernie Windham for gathering them...
arie
=======

My nephew has just gotten eczema around his ears -- a few months after
receiving different vaccinations.  It's my understanding that the DPT
shot has mercury in it?  Do you think there is a connection?

Best wishes, Glen   Zanaglen at aol.com

My son, too, developed eczema after his shots...that's a lot better
than my friend's daughter who was permanently brain damaged from it!
They believe, as do i, Hg was the culprit again...when will we ever
learn?!
Good Luck all!
lisa            Lisa M. Cochran [LisaLmcCoc at AOL.COM]
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I developed eczema after a thimerosal preserved tetanus vaccine when I
was 15 years old.  The eczema continued until my early 20's.  I also
had nightly fevers for a couple of months after that vaccine.
Nothing that I did worked, including all sorts of allergy treatment
and steroid creams.  It eventually went away on it its own about a
year or two after I quit using contact lens solutions containing
thimerosal.

Amy L. Riskedahl, OD    Amy L. Riskedahl, OD [ariskedahl at seanet.com]

I went through eczema as a kid too....amalgam removal and detox sure
has helped me...   Dr. Deborah Baker
y2khealthanddetox at zeuter.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Nicolas received the Hep b in the hosp. He developed eczema right
after his tetramune shot at around 2 1/2 months. This was DTP and Hib
together. I don't believe they even use it any more. The eczema was
controllable and he was able to eat most everything. It was after his
MMR that he went haywire. He developed chronic diarrhea and became
allergic/sensitive to everything. He became gluten intolerant. His
eczema became out of control. We finally have it some what under
control with his strict regiment of environmental control, strict
rotated diet, supplements etc. It has not been fun, as I can not stray
one bit with out problems.
Susan            JSUENICK at webtv.net
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 My 23 month old daughter got her first case of rash 5 days after her
last vacinations at 18 month.  This was before the rash was diagnosed
a month later by a dermatologist as eczema and back then I thought she
had an allergic reaction to the vacince.
Khoa  khoa_nguyen at GEOCITIES.COM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  My son had a loss of muscle tone with his first MMR shot but also
has some other classic Hg indicators...learnig disabilities, ADD type
syptoms, eczma,high HG indicators in hair analysis, photo sensitive,
poorly co-ordinated, sugar craving, ongoing food alergies having had a
very serious anaphalactic reaction to nuts.
  His mother had amalgams re worked during the pregnancy, has some
extreme Hg indicators in hair analysis and Hg indicators of her own.
She also breast fed for 2 years.
Bruce Robinson           Bruce Robinson [bjjc at netspace.net.au]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
My now 8 year old son have horrible flaky itchy red inflamed eczema
all over his body for almost 3 years.  Tried everything.   Darlene
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Tyler is 4 months old and his whole body is covered with eczema. His
face is the worst, all open and weeping. He developed it one month
ago, about a week after his first set of vaccinations. I'm currently
using atarax, cutivate, bactroban, and domeboro on him. It kills me to
be putting all these chemicals on his tiny infant body. When I was at
his doctor's yesterday she wanted to give him his second set of
vaccinations (DPT, polio,Hep) but I refused to consent. I hadn't yet
read the list postings about the dangers of mercury but I had a bad
feeling about assaulting his body with anymore than he's already
taking. The doc finally agreed to postpone his shots until his
follow-up visit next week.
I'm so glad I made her wait. At least now I know to ask for
mercury-free vaccines.            Sharon
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I know how hard it can be having a little one 17 months old who has
eczema. Ariana never sleeps at night.  We may get a few hours but that
is all.  It is so overwhelming that we are selling our home so I don't
have to work.  I haven't worked much since her birth so it really
isn't an option at this point.  The eczema has changed our lives so
much.  Some nights I just cry from all the pressure.  I feel so bad
for Ariana to be itching so horribly.
I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything but I thought it would
get better.  It is just so difficult.
Gayle

Gayle,
I can relate to your post so much!  Brennan sleeps but he wakes up a
couple times in the night and I have to be on itch patrol until he
goes back to sleep.  And now spring is coming followed by a long, hot,
humid, itchy summer.  And with that comes the hunt for pajamas that
are cool but will give him limited access to skin to tear up.  *sigh*
I've thought about running an air conditioner in the kids room but
then you get the dry air.  urgh.  Can't win for losing with this
thing.  Dh and I are talking about having another baby, but I don't
know if I can handle a newborn and Brennan.  Much less the possibility
of another one having E.
Sorry for another long vent!

Peace  Jen
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 I know what you're saying about how Brennan will start to realize
what people are saying about him.  When Jovan started Kindergarten, he
began to realize that people were looking at him because of his
eczema.  It broke my heart.

Michele
- Northern California [Jovan (5) having severe eczema, food allergies,
and food aversion]
________________
We still must sell as I have not been able to work since she was born
due to lack of sleep.  I also don't trust a daycare to watch my
daughter close enough.  I am afraid she will come home a bloody mess.
I watch her like a hawk so that she doesn't scratch herself.
I try to put Vaseline on her or rub her skin for her.  I also bathe
her with baking soda in the water to help when she is red and rashy.
It seems to help by removing the allergen from her skin.  Her worst
spots are on her legs, feet, hands, wrists and the back of her neck.
This points to contact allergens, I think.

It's funny that you have brought up the mercury as I have a lot of
fillings in my teeth.  I have breast fed her and still do just at nap
and night time.  My teeth must have been missing some of the enamel as
I one time had 17 cavities and we went every 6 months to the dentist.
I did brush my teeth but probably didn't floss very much.  I remember
getting in trouble for the cavities but I didn't feel it was my fault.
 I must really have mercury overload.  I have a lot of allergies to
many things when I was around 10.  I used to be covered by hives all
over my body.  It was unbearable.
Take care,

Gayle (with lots of mercury) and Ariana (17 months with full body e)

Actually, I have a son and a daughter who have eczema. My son had his
shots until 6 months. I haven't given any vaccinations since then.
His eczema was pretty mild until he was about 3 or 4 months old and it
has gotten progressively worse. My daughter is 8 and has had all of
her shots. Her eczema was bad after she was a year old.    Dani
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

My son has LGS. He developed it after his MMR vaccine. (Which of
course contains Mercury.)

 Again I will say there is no known safe levels of mercury. I believe
that there is a figure some Doctors may think is 'ok' but this level
is passed after a child today receives all his/her shots. I have been
reading about this for almost a year now, in my spare time. (ha-ha:)
I do not think Mercury is the sole reason for developing eczema for
every child. I do believe that if you inject any amount of mercury in
to a 'allergic' child, you are asking for trouble. This is my opinion,
and every parent has to read and form their own.

Thanks,   Susan
 "Don Slade (DSLWN)" <Dons at DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Subject: Mercury etc

I am astonished to know that mercury is used as a preservative in
vaccines.
That is a very scary thought. Typical of western medicine though.