Aquatic Toxicologist, Univ. of MD

Charles Miller rellim at tulane.edu
Fri Feb 9 17:44:51 EST 2001

Aquatic Toxicologist

A tenure-track faculty position for an Aquatic Toxicologist with expertise
in mechanisms and consequences of stress in aquatic animals is available at
the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (CBL), a facility of the University of
Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES). We seek a colleague who
examines responses of marine organisms to contaminants using molecular and
cellular approaches.

The successful candidate will develop a vigorous, extramurally supported
research program; participate in graduate-level teaching through the
University of Maryland Graduate Program in Toxicology (website:
http://graduate.umaryland.edu/prog_toxicology.html); and will be encouraged
to collaborate with our toxicology faculty as well as environmental
Chemists, Ecologists, and Fisheries Scientists at CBL and at our sister
UMCES laboratories. More information on CBL and UMCES can be found on our
website: cbl.umces.edu.

This announcement is targeted towards appointment at the Assistant Professor
level for persons with postdoctoral experience; however, exceptional, more
senior candidates will also be considered. Applicants should send curriculum
vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, up to five selected
reprints, and the names and addresses of at least three references to:
Chair, CBL Toxicology Faculty Search, P.O. Box 38, Solomons, MD 20688 by
March 1, 2001. CBL is committed to diversity and strongly encourages women
and minority colleagues to apply.

---