Sr. Tox and Path positions at Pharmacia

Charles Miller rellim at tulane.edu
Tue Jan 16 17:35:54 EST 2001

Research and development is the future of any pharmaceutical company. That's
why Pharmacia Corporation invests more than $2 billion each year - to
discover and develop the medicines that improve the health of people around
the world. Our major R&D activities focus in the areas of cancer,
arthritis/inflammation, infectious diseases, and disorders of the central
nervous system, and we have a presence in ophthalmology, urology, and
women's health. It is through exploring new avenues that we break through
with world-leading therapeutic compounds and treatments. We are currently
seeking enthusiastic self-starters to join our suburban Chicago team.

SENIOR TOXICOLOGIST
Position # 00-1880

Representing the Global Toxicology Department on development project teams
in the COX-2/Anti-inflammatory diseases therapeutic area, you'll help
design, execute and defend preclinical safety assessment packages. Requires
a Ph.D. in Toxicology, Pharmacology or related discipline combined with
comprehensive knowledge of GLPs and excellent written/oral presentation
skills. A minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience demonstrating
knowledge of conducting a range of preclinical toxicology studies is highly
desirable. Respond to: http://respond.webhire.com/job/id?479-r1880-J1

SENIOR PATHOLOGIST
Position # 00-1879

Providing toxicology/pathology support in the COX-2/Anti-inflammatory
diseases therapeutic area, you'll help design, execute and defend
preclinical safety assessment packages. Requires a DVM, Ph.D. in related
field as well as Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology; thorough
knowledge of conducting a range of preclinical toxicology studies; knowledge
of GLPs; and excellent written/oral presentation skills. A minimum of 3
years of industry experience is highly desirable. Respond to:
http://respond.webhire.com/job/id?479-r1879-J1

Selected candidates for both positions will also design/provide oversight on
regulatory toxicology studies, including design of protocols and review of
reports; serve as Study Director/Monitor on critical or complex studies; and
interact with project team representatives from other departments (Discovery
Pharmacology and Chemistry, Product Development, Clinical, Regulatory
Affairs, Project Management) to further the progression of the compounds and
resolution of issues. In addition, these individuals will produce written
summaries covering Toxicology aspects of the development program; implement
research programs to address mechanistic issues arising from toxicology
studies; provide guidance/leadership to peers on issues relating to specific
areas of post-doctoral expertise; and provide project stature of Global
Toxicology in the national/international toxicology community.

Discover your career potential with Pharmacia. We offer a competitive salary
and benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(k). For
immediate consideration, please respond using our preferred online method
utilizing the appropriate URL above. Or, you may fax your resume to the
Pharmacia resume processing center, indicating appropriate Position # &
referencing Science Magazine, at (520) 287-0963. As an EEO/AA employer,
Pharmacia Corporation values a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives,
and cultures. For more information and other opportunities, please visit our
website at www.pharmacia.com

---