BCERF eUpdate October, 2001

M. Stewart ms154 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 24 15:26:16 EST 2001

Breast Cancer and Environmental Risk Factors Program
(BCERF)
Website Update
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/

	Welcome to the e-Update for the Breast Cancer and Environmental
Risk Factors Program in New York State (BCERF).  This is a service provided
by BCERF to keep our sponsors and supporters informed of changes and
additions to the website.  Thank you for your interest in our program and
web site.

	BCERF strives to provide information on environmental risk factors
and the risk of breast cancer and other hormonal dependent cancers.  We
provide information in a variety of forms that allows our readers to make
informed decisions for the reduction of breast cancer risk.

	To Drop:  If you no longer wish to receive the eUpdate please
notify the webmaster.  Email: MS154 at cornell.edu  All you need is "remove
from eUpdate" in the subject line.

	To Add:  If you know of someone who might like to receive the
eUpdate they can add themselves to the list by visiting
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/   Click on the button "Response Page".
The e-Update sign-up is located at the bottom of the page.
__________________________

eUpdate for October, 2001

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!

The newest BCERF resource is now available
The BCERF tip sheets are now posted on the web site.  These tip sheets are
written for the general public.  They offer practical science-based tips
and strategies on reducing the risk of breast cancer.  BCERF offers five
tip sheets covering the topics of
	What we know about breast cancer
	Eating well and staying active
	Pesticides in your environment
	Using home & garden products safely
	Breast cancer resources
The tip sheets are available as pdf documents from the web site.  You can
download them from http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/tips/tips.cfm

New Fact Sheets Available
Autumn has seen an increase in the number of fact sheets available on the
BCERF web site.  Since our last update we have added new fact sheets
covering the risk factors of body type, hormone treatments, as well as a
fact sheet on male breast cancer.  For a look at these fact sheets go to
the main fact sheet index page at
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/factsheet/factsheet.cfm

Popular Fact Sheet on Phytoestrogens revised
The consistently popular fact sheet on Phytoestrogens and the Risk of
Breast Cancer is newly revised.  The fact sheet and its newest bibliography
are posted on the BCERF web site at
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/factsheet/diet/fs1.phyto.cfm

New Research Commentary Available
The latest issue of "The Ribbon" offers a Research Commentary titled,
"Thoughts on Recent Findings Regarding Organochlorines and Breast Cancer
Risk."  The article was written by Kirsten Moysich, Ph.D., who is currently
an Assistant Professor with the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.  To read the
article go to page five of the most recent newsletter, online at
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/Newsletter/pdf/v6i3.pdf

---