Tox positions in proteomics and metabolomics @ Merck

Charles Miller rellim at tulane.edu
Fri Oct 25 09:14:16 EST 2002

SCIENTIST- PROTEOMICS or
METABOLOMICS

Merck & Co., Inc., is a leading research-driven
pharmaceutical products company.  Recently ranked in
Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in America,” Merck
& Co., Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures and markets a
broad range of innovative products. We currently have an
exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to join our
team at our West Point, PA, location of Merck Research
Laboratories.

Proteomics:

Primary responsibilities include implement techniques and
develop methodologies in proteomics within Safety Assessment
that are applicable to investigative toxicology studies;
provide scientific leadership for and supervision of
laboratory personnel; contribute to investigative toxicology
studies to address toxicity issues that occur during
discovery and development.

A Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology (or
equivalent) with demonstrated experience in the area of
proteomics including experience with the associated mass
spectrometry instrumentation and at least 2-4 years of
relevant postdoctoral experience required.

Metabolomics:

Primary responsibilities include: implement techniques and
develop methodologies in metabolomics within Safety
Assessment that are applicable to investigative toxicology
studies; provide scientific leadership for and supervision
of laboratory personnel; contribute to investigative
toxicology studies to address toxicity issues that occur
during discovery and development.

A Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology (or
equivalent) with demonstrated experience in the area of
metabolomics, including experience with the associated mass
spectrometry instrumentation and at least 2-4 years of
relevant postdoctoral experience required.

In return for your considerable skills, we offer an
excellent salary and comprehensive benefits program,
including tuition reimbursement and one of the best 401(k)
plans in the nation, as well as opportunities for personal
growth. We are an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V. If
interested please visit our Careersite, http://www.merck.com
and create a profile and submit your CV against opportunity
# BIO000156

In return for your considerable skills, we offer an
excellent salary and comprehensive benefits program,
including tuition reimbursement and one of the best 401(k)
plans in the nation, as well as opportunities for personal
growth. We are an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V. . If
interested please visit our Careersite, http://www.merck.com
and create a profile and submit your CV against opportunity
# BIO000156

---