eUpdate for 1.16.03

M. Stewart ms154 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 20 14:16:40 EST 2003

Breast Cancer and Environmental Risk Factors Program
(BCERF)
Website Update
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/

	Welcome to the e-Update for the Breast Cancer and
Environmental Risk Factors Program in New York State (BCERF).  This
is a service provided by BCERF to keep our sponsors and supporters
informed of changes and additions to the website.  Thank you for your
interest in our program and web site.

	BCERF strives to provide information on environmental risk
factors and the risk of breast cancer and other hormonal dependent
cancers.  We provide information in a variety of forms that allows
our readers to make informed decisions for the reduction of breast
cancer risk.

	To Drop:  If you no longer wish to receive the eUpdate please
notify the webmaster.  Email: MS154 at cornell.edu  All you need is
"remove from eUpdate" in the subject line.

	To Add:  If you know of someone who might like to receive the
eUpdate they can add themselves to the list by visiting
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/   Click on the button "Response
Page".  The e-Update sign-up is located at the bottom of the page.
__________________________

RESEARCH ON DDT & DDE

December saw the DDT review written by Dr. Suzanne Snedeker and
published in Environmental Health Perspectives added to our web site.
The article is titled "Cancer Risk of DDT, DDE and Dieldrin" and is
available on our Critical Evaluation Index Page.
<http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/CriticalEval/CriticalEval.cfm>

In addition to this article the DDT & DDE bibliography was recently updated.
<http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/bibliography/bibliography.cfm>

FACT SHEETS SUMMARIZE CRITICAL EVALUATIONS FOR CONSUMERS

We now offer two new fact sheets summarizing our most recent efforts
in evaluating the risk associated with Body Type and Breast Cancer as
well as the impact of diet and lifestyle on Survival and Breast
Cancer.    We are also proud to announce another new fact sheet, this
one evaluating the risks of Smoking and Breast Cancer.  All of these
fact sheets are available from the fact sheet directory on the BCERF
web at -
<http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/factsheet/factsheet.cfm>

'THE RIBBON' TAKES A LOOK AT ISSUES SURROUNDING RESEARCH STUDIES

The most recent issue of "The Ribbon" takes a look at the importance
of the Long Island Breast Cancer Study Project (LIBCSP)  and the
media coverage surrounding the results announced this summer.
<http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/bcerf/newsletter/ribbonChrono.cfm>

--

M. Stewart <ms154 at cornell.edu>
Webmaster/Electronic Communications