[Toxicology] BCERF eUpdate: August 2005

Ellen Hartman eh79 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:45:18 EST 2005

WELCOME to the eUpdate for the Program on Breast Cancer and
Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF). This update is provided by BCERF
to inform our sponsors and supporters of changes and additions to our
web site. Thank you for your interest in our program and web site.

Web site: http://envirocancer.cornell.edu

Program on Breast Cancer and Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF)
Now part of the Sprecher Institute for Comparative Cancer Research
(Cornell University)

TAKE OUR SURVEYS, HELP US IMPROVE!

Now that we've finished our major web site redesign, we want to know
what you think. We've placed surveys on our site:
On the home page (http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/)
On two fact sheets
(http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/factsheet/factsheetALpha.cfm)
On the EnviroChem database (http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/eccd/)

If you use these resources, please take a few minutes (no more than
five) to complete these anonymous surveys. Help us understand how you
use our resources so we can improve our service to  you. (If you have
any additional comments you'd like to share, please send an email to
our web writer, Ellen Hartman at eh79 at cornell.edu.)

REVISED FACT SHEET

Vegetables and Fruits and the Risk of Breast Cancer
Numerous health benefits are associated with eating vegetables and
fruits. Recent studies, however, have challenged prior thinking about
the relationship between vegetable and fruit consumption and breast
cancer risk. BCERF has revised our fact sheet on this topic in light
of new information. Read the Vegetables and Fruit fact sheet at
<http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/factsheet/diet/fs18.vegetablefruit.cfm>.

SAVE THE DATE FOR THE CANCER AND ENVIRONMENT FORUM

September 30, 2005 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Room 711 A, The Legislative Office Building
Albany, New York

The Forum will highlight chemical exposure and breast cancer risk,
with presentations on BCERF efforts to provide new resources
describing potential exposures to breast carcinogens in the workplace
and home.

Complete agenda to be available on the web site in mid-August. Check
our Cancer and Environment Forum page
http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/program/meetings.cfm.

RSVP to Carmi Orenstein at (607) 255-1185 or cso1 at cornell.edu.

BCERF strives to provide information on environmental risk factors
and the risk of breast cancer and other hormonally dependent cancers.
We provide information in a variety of forms helping our readers make
informed decisions for the reduction of breast cancer risk.

If you no longer wish to receive the eUpdate please notify the list manager.
Email eh79 at cornell.edu. Type "remove from eUpdate" in the subject line.

If you know of someone who might like to receive the eUpdate, ask
them to email the list manager, Ellen Hartman at eh79 at cornell.edu.
Include "add to eUpdate" in the subject line.

BCERF / Cornell University
Vet Box 31
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, NY 14853-6401