[Toxicology] BCERF eUpdate May 2005

toxicol at iubio.bio.indiana.edu toxicol at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Mon May 2 10:36:18 EST 2005

WELCOME to the eUpdate for the Program on Breast Cancer and
Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF). This update is provided by BCERF
to inform our sponsors and supporters of changes and additions to our
web site. Thank you for your interest in our program and web site.

Web site: http://envirocancer.cornell.edu

Program on Breast Cancer and Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF)
Now part of the Sprecher Institute for Comparative Cancer Research
(Cornell University)

VISIT OUR REDESIGNED WEB SITE   BCERF is pleased to invite you to
visit our completely revamped web site
(http://envirocancer.cornell.edu). We have a new look and new tools
so you can use our resources more efficiently. As BCERF grew, our
library of resources outgrew our former web site. We spent 2004
planning and reworking our web site to improve our ability to give
you science-based information on environmental factors and cancer
risk.

We've added a Search tool for Fact Sheets and articles from The
Ribbon. You can search for the resource you need several ways
including by keyword.

Organization
The new site design is streamlined and logical. Everything is easier
to find. Move through the site easily without losing your place in
stacks of pages.

Connections
Collections are an innovative system for grouping resources including
fact sheets and bibliographies. Collections cover topics including
Basics of Breast Cancer and Chemicals in Food and Water. Explore
topics using Collections as your "recommended reading lists."

More Research
We're featuring more current research being conducted by BCERF and
others around the world. You'll find project overviews and links to
more information about research currently underway and just completed.

JOIN US AT THE CANCER AND ENVIRONMENT FORUM   June 10, 2005 at
Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County Farm and Home Center
(2715 Rt. 44, Millbrook, New York).

RSVP to Carmi Orenstein at cso1 at cornell.edu or 607-255-1185.

The program runs from 10:00 to 3:00 and includes:

Emerging Water Contaminants in the US and New York State
by Patrick Phillips, US Geological Survey

New York State Volatile Organic Compounds Exposure Registry: Health
Outcome Surveillance for Exposed Populations
by Dr. Betsy Lewis-Michl, New York State Department of Health, Bureau
of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology

Lunch

Panel Discussion Addressing the Two Morning Presentations and Local Issues
with participants from Dutchess County Environmental Management
Council, Cancer Awareness Coalition, Inc., the Dutchess County
Legislature, Breast Cancer Options, and the Benedictine Hospital
Oncology Support Program

Community Environmental Needs Assessment for Obesity Prevention and
Breast Cancer Risk Reduction in a Rural Area
by Dr. Barbour Warren, Cornell Program on Breast Cancer and
Environmental Risk Factors

BCERF strives to provide information on environmental risk factors
and the risk of breast cancer and other hormonally dependent cancers.
We provide information in a variety of forms helping our readers make
informed decisions for the reduction of breast cancer risk.

If you no longer wish to receive the eUpdate please notify the list manager.
Email eh79 at cornell.edu. Type "remove from eUpdate" in the subject line.

If you know of someone who might like to receive the eUpdate, ask
them to email the list manager, Ellen Hartman at eh79 at cornell.edu.
Include "add to eUpdate" in the subject line.

BCERF / Cornell University
Vet Box 31
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, NY 14853-6401