[Toxicology] oxycodone and fluoxetine plus norfluoxetine overdose

Catherine Bracrella catbrac at verizon.net
Thu Jul 13 20:09:51 EST 2006

Hello,

  My name is Cathy Keyes.  My sister suddenly passed away in March of this year.  I felt as though the toxicology report was very vague and listed only a few of the drugs in her system.  The findings were as follows:

  Blood Analysis:

  Oxycodone, .24 mg/L and fluoxetine plus norfluoxetine 1.9 mg/L, benzoylecgonine .030 mg/L.  If anyone can advise me as to the lethal levels of these drugs and the amount of pills needed to be consumed to reach this analysis, I would be very grateful.  Her presciption of percocet was 10 mg and prozac 20 mg.  I am confident she was not using cocaine on the evening of her death.  I have been feverishly researching data on the internet. I am finding it is rather difficult to find this information readily available nor is it consistent.  Her benzoylecgonine levels seem very minimal and would appear to not have had an impact on her death.

  Thank you in advance for any information which could be provided.

  Sincerely,

  Cathy Keyes