[Toxicology] Sick Horses

Josef J Henning via toxicol%40net.bio.net (by webmaster from lutherans.co.za)
Sat Apr 28 09:59:36 EST 2007

Wonder if you could help,

Just read Help-Sick Horses posted in 1995 by Helga Hoffmann, about horses in
Nova Scotia being sick.
http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/toxicology/1995-August/000133.html

I went to look at 4 horses yesterday and they are showing similar symptoms
here in South Africa.

Could you tell me what the final diagnosis was for the problem in Nova
Scotia?

>From my quick research I believe it may be Selenium Toxicity, and that would
also explain in your cases the other animals that were showing signs of
trouble.

In my case the horses are new in the area, and their only source of water is
a natural spring.
I will be testing the water and soil in a couple of days to find out more.

Your findings in the Nova Scotia case would be of great help to me if
someone would send me a reply.
Thank you for your time and help

Semper sub Crucem

Pastor Josef J Henning

The English Lutheran Fellowship
367 West Ave, Ferndale, 2160
South Africa
Email:    jhenning from felsisa.org.za

Isaiah 43: 19
"Behold I will do a new thing..."
Jesaya 43: 19
"Denn siehe ich will ein Neues schaffen..."