[Toxicology] positions in environmental risk assessment and environmental carcinogenesis/epidemiology

Miller, Charles A III via toxicol%40net.bio.net (by rellim At tulane.edu)
Thu Jan 25 20:26:36 EST 2007

01/25/2007

Tenure Track Faculty Positions in Environmental Health Sciences

The Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium and the Department of Environmental Health Sciences of the Tulane University School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine are seeking applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at the associate professor level. For the first position, we seek candidates with expertise in environmentally induced carcinogenesis and the epidemiology of cancer. For the second position, we are searching for a person with skills in environmental risk assessment and management.

The department and the Cancer Center are both undergoing major periods of growth. Outstanding startup packages and research environment will be provided, and opportunities for programmatic leadership positions are possible. Competitive candidates for this position will have relevant doctoral and post-doctoral training, an established research program (preferably laboratory based), a history of funded extramural research, and excellent teaching skills. Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, description of research plans, and three letters of recommendation to: Dr. Maureen Lichtveld, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Department of Environmental Health Sciences - SL29, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112. For additional departmental and school information, please visit our web site (http://www.sph.tulane.edu/ehs/). Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Tulane University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.