Theresa Stevens-Ayers tsa at
Fri Mar 31 12:46:52 EST 1995

I have read several reports in the literature of researchers flushing
stomachs of amphibians and lizards as a way to study diet without
sacrificing individuals.  I attempted the technique on an adult male
Taricha granulosa with limited success using a tube about 2mm diameter.

I would appreciate any input from anyone who has tried this method with
or without success.  I would also appreciate information about where to
locate tubing smaller than 2mm, as I suspect that this is probably too wide.

Also, do any other newsgroups exist for the discussion of ecological research
involving amphibians?

 Thank you

Terry Stevens-Ayers
tsa at