Carlton E. Bumba Carlton.E.Bumba at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Fri May 12 14:33:30 EST 1995

Hello. I was hoping somebody out there might have some advice on  breeding
Necturus (mudpuppies) or collecting their eggs. I'll soon attempt to
artificially induce spawning using human chorionic gonadotropin or LHRH, but I
suspect it's a long shot. I study comparative embryology and would greatly
appreciate any suggestions on obtaining fertile eggs/embryos of these species
or, for that matter, Cryptobranchus, Amphiumas, or Sirens.  Thanks for any
help.    - carl

Carl Bumba
Dartmouth College
Department of Biological Sciences