fixatives and regeneration (fwd)

malacins malacins at
Fri Oct 10 15:27:15 EST 1997

                    I am a biology major at Union College in Schenectady,
New York, and I am doing a project using the transmission and scanning
electron microscopes on the regenerative tissue in the tail and forelimbs
of axolotls. I have searched many journals, without any luck, for previous
experiments dealing with this subject. I would appreciate any suggestions
you may have on the best fixatives to use in these procedures. Also, I
would like to know what the period of time is for blastema formation and
for complete regeneration. Once again, I would be grateful for any
information you could give me on these subjects. Thank you for your time.

	           Brett Zani (zanib at