cell proliferation in blastema

Saverio Giampaoli giamp at dfb.unipi.it
Wed Oct 22 08:43:25 EST 1997

Hi.
I'm studying limb regeneration in some Urodeles genera. For my study it is
important to know at what time, in the regenerative process, we can find the
maximum rate of cell proliferation. I know that in the first week there is a
strong dedifferentiating and proliferating process. But I also know that,
starting from the second/third week, the nerves are entering the blastema
and they can promote cell proliferation. So, I'd like to know when do the
blastema cells grow at the maximum rate.
Thank you in advance,
	sincerely yours,
                      Saverio.
Dr.Saverio Giampaoli
Universita' di Pisa
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica
Lab. Biologia cellulare e dello sviluppo
via Carducci, 13
I-56010  GHEZZANO (Pisa)

tel.     +39-50-87 83 56
fax      +39-50-87 84 86