Waterfrog Symposium

Dirk Schmeller dirk at falco.Biologie.uni-mainz.de
Mon Jan 25 11:11:58 EST 1999

Dear, colleagues

We would like to attract your attention for the following meeting.
III. International Symposium on "Genetics,  Systematics and Ecology of
western Palearctic Waterfrogs

Berlin, 11. - 15. October 1999

Four years ago, the II. International Symposium on Ecology and Genetics
European water frogs took place in Wroclaw, Poland. The participants of
this meeting agreed to organize water frog symposia at regular intervals
update researchers on accumulated knowledge, to exchange information,
to reactivate cooperation in the field of water frog research. Because
the rapid development of new genetic methods, with new results on all
aspects of the genetics, evolution, systematics, ecology, and behavior
western Palearctic water frogs, we propose to organize a third symposium
Oktober 1999. We hope that many people will be interested in this
and invite you to Berlin to the Museum of Natural History (Museum fuer
Naturkunde). We would be grateful to receive your preregistration by the
30th of January. Please send it, together with the title of your
contribution, to the following address:

Dr. Joerg Ploetner
Museum fuer Naturkunde
Institut fuer Systematische Zoologie