Cheaper source for MS-222

Axolotl Colony axolotl at
Fri Feb 20 16:03:25 EST 2004

Hi all,
For those of you who use MS-222 to anesthetize/euthanize your aquatics,
I happened upon a website for Argent Labs and noticed that their MS-222
prices are less-expensive than what we pay through Sigma (if you buy as
often as we do, it adds up!)

If anyone DOES try it, please email the Axolotl Colony (and Uronet) and
share your observations.
Argent Laboratories home page:

or to go directly to their MS-222 order-page, follow this link:

This isn't an endorsement we've not tried their product (Finquel), but
I imagine that it is the same.  I intend to try it when we buy our next
batch.  I thought I'd tip you off if anyone wanted to give it a try!

Jill Gresens
Assistant Director,
IU Axolotl Colony
axolotl at