How to start speaking in this group

Andre Hamel hamel at
Thu Apr 22 07:59:28 EST 1993

I take it here that you meant exchange data.
>I was in papillomavirusconference in Edinburgh and there was an idea that
>we could  change our data between conferences and meetings but nothing ..
I agree.... why not post this to couple of other more widely read news
groups such as bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts ? If you start posting some
messages (data, ideas, etc) to that news group as well as this (virol) one,
followed by the message that the virology newsgroup DOES exist ... I
suspect this might stimulate more input ... I too study viruses ...
currently I'm using RT PCR for detecting Bovine Diahrrea Virus in variety
of specimens (whole and clotted blood, serum, tissues, etc) ... it's an
interesting "beast" ... positive strand ssRNA genome with NO extra
transcripts, thus ONLY the 12,500 nt ssRNA genome to "go after" ...
displays some sequence variability amongst isolates.

What sort of experiences, data, ideas, techniques do you have to share?

Andre Hamel
Manitoba Veterinary Virology
Winnipeg, Manitoba

email: hamel at