AVAILABLE: ANONYMOUS FTP FOR VIROLOGY

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Mon Aug 2 02:31:05 EST 1993

> >From:          Self <MICRO/ED> (Little Ed?)

Sarky bugger.....LAN ID followed by user, actually...!

> Certainly I would like to see the taxonomic info and the data currently
> languishing in the CMI/AAB dataset to be made available electronically. If
> the CMI/AAB are willing but not able to do it themselves then perhaps a
> group of us could get together and do it on a 'contract' basis. I for one
> would be interested in doing this. It would make a very useful research AND
> teaching resource. The Internet would make a collaborative project quite
> simple to administer.

Excellent idea!  Any other ideas on this subject, anyone?  Anyone else
willing to put up an archive site?  Anyone contact Adrian Gibbs about this?

I will raise it in the PVS of the ICTV; it really is about time some
plant virus info was made available to modern technology.  ____________________________________________________________________
 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me        |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |                                      |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."        |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |                                      |