RECEPTORS

C.J.Woolston c.j.woolston at appbiol.hull.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 10:20:00 EST 1993

>I'm not going to Glasgow (cash flow problems), but I am interested in receptors
>for plant viruses in their insect vectors, especially luteoviruses in aphids.
>Does anyone know of any good reviews/articles/anything!?! for plant viruses?

David,

This a subject close to my heart! I am looking for determinants of
virus:vector specificity in geminivirus transmission. I am concentrating on
the viral coat protein at the moment, but implicit in this is the fact that
there must be sites, presumably in the filter chamber of the leafhopper
vector, which interact with the viral determinants.

As far as I can tell there ain't a lot known about this whole area of
virus:vector interaction, so I can't really point you to any good reviews.

Regards,

Cris

  Cris Woolston
  Department of Applied Biology