WEIRD THINGS IN OUR CELL CULTURES

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Thu Dec 9 02:59:30 EST 1993

> Don't laugh-it happens to everyone.  We keep getting round things
in our tissue culture that are almost as big as a
> Hela cell.  They float.  They look like they have a thick wall,
although
> there are also forms that seem as if they have no wall.  [delete]
 Even if they're not alive, we need to identify them because they
> could be affecting our experiments.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with anything like this???  Thank
you.

You see, it is even as I said:

"And slimy things did walk, with legs
Upon our slimy plates..."

Things are being created in the lab, people - better get used to
it....

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |            (Pearl, 1971)             |