letter bomb at Yale arbovirus labs

James Gibbs gibbs at husc4.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 1 22:37:18 EST 1993

robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au (ROBERT COELEN) writes:

>Hi,

>I gather some nutter has sent letter bombs to a number of laboratories (re
>anti-vivsection type stuff) including the Yale arbovirus laboratories. Anyone
>know anything more about this ?

>Kindest regards,

>Robert
>Dr R.J. Coelen                             phone 61 - 9 - 389 3915
>Dept of Microbiology                       fax   61 - 9 - 389 2912
>University of Western Australia            snail Nedlands, 6009
>---------------from the land d        r-------------------------------
>                              o      e
>                               w    d
>                                n  n

It wasn't from an anti-vivisection group. It was from a single individual
who was actively bombing in the seventies and early eighties, but has
since laid low (or become latent, as us virologists say :) ). Its not
clear what caused him to reactivate.

There doesn't seem to be any link among the targets, other than that they
are college professors.

Jim
gibbs at husc4.harvard.edu