Updated computerised nomogram for Windows (1.3)

ROBERT COELEN robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 2 12:37:07 EST 1993

Some of the information of a previous post has been repeated belowin case you
missed the first post. However, version 1.3 is now available (from v1.2) In
this update you can add rotors to the list and enter the relevant info in the
program rather than manually editing the rotors.dat file. This should help
people with a centrifuge other than Beckman.

>you can now FTP a very early version of a computerised nomogram from :
>arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au in the directory /pub/virology. It is early in that
>I haven't completely finished the program. My reason for malking it available
>is that I would like ideas from potential users as to what they would like it
>to do.

>Requirements: I haven't tried it under Windows 3.0, but I suspect it will
>work. This is what I you'll need:

>Windows 3.1
>VBRUN200.DLL
>NOMOGRAM.ZIP

>Make sure vbrun200.dll is in a directory that is on your search path. The
>windows directory is a good spot. This vbrun200.dll file is a run-time dynamic
>link library which any Visual Basic program (version 2.0) compiled to an
>executable program needs. This means you don't need Visual Basic itself and it
>is freely distributable. You'll find this file also on
>arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au, but in the /pub directory as vbrun200.zip
>You'll need to unzip both vbrun200.zip and nomogram.zip. The rotors.dat file
>must be in the same directory as nomogram.exe.

Some people have reported problems in unzipping the nomogram.zip or other
files, most of these problems were due to them FTPing the files in ascii
(7-bit) rather than binary (8-bit) format. Make sure you set your FTP mode to
binary before downloading these files.
Kindest regards,

Robert
Dr R.J. Coelen                             phone 61 - 9 - 389 3915
Dept of Microbiology                       fax   61 - 9 - 389 2912
University of Western Australia            snail Nedlands, 6009
                              o      e
                               w    d
                                n  n