letter bomb at Yale arbovirus labs

Rebecca Burdine RBURDINE at biomed.med.yale.edu
Thu Jul 1 17:19:28 EST 1993

In <robert.36.2C2FA219 at arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au> robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au writes:

> Hi,
>
> I gather some nutter has sent letter bombs to a number of laboratories (re
> anti-vivsection type stuff) including the Yale arbovirus laboratories. Anyone
> know anything more about this ?
>

> Kindest regards,
>

> Robert

Robert,
     I am aware of two letter bombs.  One was sent to a prominent geneticist in
California who was seriously injured.  He is an important journal editor but is
not doing any "contraversial" research. (No animals, fetal tissue, etc.)  The
bomb here at Yale was received by a computer science professor!  He lost some
fingers and may lose some of his sight.  His brother and sister who also work
here are both geneticists so people are speculating that the bomb was sent to
the wrong person.  People are also joking about how this is backlash from
Jurassic Park.  It is probably just a sick individual but they are not linking
the two incidences together.

                        Bec