Hanta virus?

ROBERT COELEN robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 19:55:23 EST 1993

In article <robison1.741968236 at husc.harvard.edu> robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu (Keith Robison) writes:
>Subject: Hanta virus?
>From: robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu (Keith Robison)
>Date: 6 Jul 93 14:17:16 GMT

>        Would someone be kind enough to post a "character sketch"
>of the Hanta virus, the one apparently responsible for a number of
>deaths in the American Southwest?  Genome type, basic construction,
>relatives, etc?

The reply from our kraut kanuck in the 'up above' gave a very nice sketch of
the Hantaviridae. The recent deaths in the American South-west is another
matter. Sofar my line of info on this is that it appears to be a as yet
undescribed Hantavirus, but this needs more confirmation. When I get it you'll
get it. Does anyone from CDC read this newsgroup ?? Flame ! Flame !

Kindest regards,

Robert
Dr R.J. Coelen                             phone 61 - 9 - 389 3915
Dept of Microbiology                       fax   61 - 9 - 389 2912
University of Western Australia            snail Nedlands, 6009
                              o      e
                               w    d
                                n  n