get togethere now

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Tue Jul 20 03:41:12 EST 1993

> howay ! i always thought virologists fall over after 3 rounds ! (at least,
> that is what i have noticed here at the local cologne bagwan disco (far
> out, as the expression goes (or went, for that matter (you never know
> these days, do you)))).

Seeing as I have not only Best Of Cream, but also Woodstock sitting next
to my cheap CD player in my office, no, man, you don't....!

> but seriously folks.......
>
> could anybody give me information on the major viruses that attack wine (or
> grape). i have carried out a literature search, but would appreciate something
> like a review.....

Grapevine fanleaf nepovirus, grapevine leafroll closteroviruses I-V, gv A
closterovirus, gv Algerian latent tombusvirus, gv Bulgarian latent
nepovirus, gv chrome mosaic nepovirus, gv Tunisian ringspot nepovirus, gv
yellow speckle viroids I and II - apart from anything else that infects
grapevine, like the various ilarviruses....  Ever wonder why you get that
glorious colour from autumn vineyards?  Grapevine leafroll....

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me        |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |                                      |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."        |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |                                      |