AVAILABLE: ANONYMOUS FTP FOR VIROLOGY

Dr. J.P. Clewley jclewley at crc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 13:45:38 EST 1993

Hi, I'd like to second the idea of a specific virology archive. Not only
as has just been suggested but also a database of viral sequences grouped
according to family/genus/species etc. something separate from GenBank/EMBL
tho' obviously getting data from them. I think a more dedicated database is
needed of viral sequences along the lines of Gerry Myers HIV ay Los Alamos,
or the several organism databases.

Also, a database of viral taxomony - today I needed to know how many
rhinoviruses have been described/serologically typed. where can I go
for up to date information? There is nothing on-line I know of, surely
we (virologists) can do something more recent than the last Intervirology
taxonomy issue?

See you in Glasgow
Jon Clewley, Virus Reference Division, Central Public Health Laboratory,
61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT. (jclewley at crc.ac.uk)
.z