PCR of CMV in Tissue Culture

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 28 02:53:25 EST 1993

> Hi.  I'd like to PCR a piece of CMV DNA from CMV-infected tissue

...and I'll bet you cucumber mosaic virus was called CMV before
cytomegalovirus was...!  And you would have to do a cDNA synthesis first,
just like we do.... (sorry).

For that matter, I'll bet alfalfa mosaic virus preceded avian
myeloblastosis virus as the owner of AMV - pity the two groups of
virologists don't take much account of each other's acronyms, isn't it?

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me        |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |                                      |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."        |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |                                      |