viral pathogenesis

Michael G. Kurilla mgk2r at Virginia.EDU
Fri Jul 30 09:13:57 EST 1993

I have recently have gotten hooked into these forums and I am
impressed with the range of topics.  The virology group is a
particular interest since I work on EBV (Epstein-Barr virus).
I am most interested in aspects of viral pathogenesis.  While
this touches (alot) on immunology, the mainstream immunologists
seem to ignore anything that happens from the viral end beyond
the generation of peptide epitopes.  Therefore this group seems
most appropriate.  Since viruses appear to have figured out the
most feasible ways of doing things, lessons from other viral
systems would probably be instructive to all.  Is there
interest out there for people thinking out loud about these
issues?