Vaccinia shipping

Greg Tobin tobin at fcs260c.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Nov 16 08:54:54 EST 1993

I plan to send vaccinia virus stocks to a colleague overseas.  I
have worked out the safety regulations, but would like advice
regarding the form of the virus stocks.  I originally planned to
send the virus frozen on dry ice, but it would be much cheaper
and secure if I could send it lyophilized.  Can anyone give me
some advice as how to do this?  Do I just dry it down and let
the recipient add water?  Thanks in advance.  If you send replies
by E-mail, I will summarize in a later post.
-Greg
Greg Tobin, Ph.D.                        tobin at lcms-1.ncifcrf.gov
LCMS
PO Box B