HANTAVIRUS

oxenreid at chaos.cs.umn.edu oxenreid at chaos.cs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:46:12 EST 1993

I need more information on the HANTAVIRUS.  I need more solid information
on how it is spread.  I have conflicting information as to the method
of transmission.    I have two reports, one states that HANTAVIRUS is spread
by TICKS on the mice, and the other states that it is airborne from the mice
droppings.

I work in enviromential (heated) cabinets which acquire a population of mice
in them.   This is a concern, as I am involved in the repair of equipment
within these cabinets, and work in close proximity to the mice droppings, and
I also remove dead mice on occasion.  I have talked with the local department
of health, but they could not (would not) give me much more than the standard
"caution" speech.    I would prefer information from 'official' sources, as
I am now requested to bring any information to the attention of my supervisor.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Oxenreider (Electronics Technician) |MN-Dot Project MN/Road
1400 Gervias Ave; Maplewood, MN 55109     |612.779.5615=Voice 612.779.5616=Fax
oxenreid at chaos.cs.umn.edu                 |#include <std_disclaimer.h>