Goat ANTI-HTLV I

Ruben Donis rdonis at UNLINFO.UNL.EDU
Thu Sep 16 18:39:47 EST 1993

 MARION FREISTADT, LSU MEDICAL CENTER asked:

>  CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SOURCE, EITHER COMMERCIAL OR OTHERWISE,
>  OF ANTI-HTLVI ANTISERUM OR ANTIBODIES?

NIH has an AIDS reference reagent program operated by ERC Bioservices Corp.
Tel 301-340-0245 Fax 301-340-9245.  In their 1992 catalog they describe a
HTLV-I antiserum (Cat# 1189)  produced in goats. This reagent was
contributed by Drs. Szecsi, Halgreen and Tang and is supposed to work in
Western and RIP.  Reacts mainly with p19 and gp46Env.  It also IPs Tax.
Good luck!
Ruben
Dr. Ruben Donis
Dept. of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences
202 VBS

University of Nebraska,
Lincoln, NE 68583-0905
Phone: 402-472-6063