Measles outbreak in Garden State

Sue Jeffrey
Fri Apr 1 11:27:57 EST 1994

I think the problem with the re-emergence of measles is not really
attributed to a large amount of unvaccinated people, but the
ineffectiveness of the vaccine distributed back in the 60's.  I'm not
sure, but I believe the immunity attained was transient ( 7yrs ?) and
there have been several drives to get the people in that age group
revaccinated. (I was vaccinated once in 1962, so this interests me
mildly). I do think that the current vaccine protocol is improved.....
does any one else know?

Sue Jeffrey
sjeffrey at

What do I know, I'm only a tech!