M K Bennett pamkb at
Mon Dec 12 06:30:29 EST 1994

exb0431 at wrote:
: Recent arrival to our laboratory from Collindale UK and other lab
: tells me that the use of LATEX gloves is a no-no as HIV can 'pass
: through' them. Vinyl gloves were recommended. This is contrtary to what I
: believed. Any comments welcome thanks??!!

I recall an article in Science or Nature talking about gloves and viruses
which stated that a viral particle can pass through even three pairs of
gloves as latex is porous whereas vinyl isn't.

Mike Bennett D.Phil		|Scientists have odious manners, except when
Dept Pathology and Microbiology,|you prop up their theory; then you can borrow
University of Bristol, UK	|money from them--Mark Twain 1917
m.k.bennett at	|