frost-free

Brick Ayola abrick at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Tue Dec 20 16:58:51 EST 1994

Greetings!
I recently entered a laboratory that was storing molecular biology
reagents in a -20C frost-free freezer. Among the items were expensive PCR
polymerases <shudder>. I obtained "coolers" designed for
the storage of enzymes. However, problems remain with PCR results. Should
I unplug the frost-free and let it free-fall down the stairs or is there
anything safely stored in a frost-free freezer? If I should empty the
frost-free, is it acceptable to store everything at -80C? (except of
course enzymes). Thanks for your advice.
Brick Ayola, Ph.D.