potyvirus purification

Steve Wylie wylie at CSUVAX1.MURDOCH.EDU.AU
Mon Jul 25 20:25:09 EST 1994

Does anyone know of an efficient method for purifying potyviruses from
plant material? I have been using the method of Hammond and Lawson (1988)
which works but results in quite low yields. This method utilises PEG
8000 to precipitate the virus particles then a CsCl or Cs2SO4 gradient to
purify them. There are several methods available but with limited plant
material and time I can't try them all. Any comments appreciated.
Steve Wylie, Murdoch University, Western Australia