(none)

g78138201%vax9k.dnet at NCHUD1.NCHU.EDU.TW g78138201%vax9k.dnet at NCHUD1.NCHU.EDU.TW
Sun Jun 5 14:53:17 EST 1994

 Hello everyone:
   I'm a graduated student in Taiwan, R.O.C. Since I'm studying
 on Infectious Laryngotracheitis Virus (ILTV) of chichen, I have
 searched against the  Genbank and other databases for my research.
 The question raised that both Marek's disease virus (MDV),
 Herpesvirus of Turkey (HVT), and  ILTV were thought to be Gallid
 herpesvirus 1 (GHV 1) in the databases and I got lots of MDV and HVT
 sequences while I'm searching for ILTV sequences.
   According to the classification by International Committe for
 the Taxonomy of Viruses Herpesvirus Study Group, ILTV is GHV 1,
 MDV serotype 1 & 2 are GHV 2 & 3, and HVT is Meleagrid herpesvirus 1.
 Can anyboby who working on MDV or other herpesviruses explain why
 GHV 1 were used to describe those 4 different viruses for me?

 Thanks

 William Y. Wen on Formosa

 g78138201 at vax9k.dnet%nchud1.nchu.edu.tw