potato virus y

Robert Burns burns at sasa.gov.uk
Tue Nov 1 08:41:18 EST 1994

Hi all,
we are currently making Mabs for the detection of the PVY group and
have successfully produced Mabs which detect the sub groups N,C and O

We have however come across a couple of anomalous results during
field evaluation. Some isolates which give bioassay results as N are
missed by our N,C and O Mabs but detected by an All seeing PVY Mab.

Does anybody know what it is about the composition or structure of
the necrotic strain which causes the veinal necrosis in tobacco?

Thanks

Robert
Robert Burns
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency, Edinburgh