Grad work in virology- Need MD?

Eric John Nute ejnute at raptor.sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sun Nov 13 13:34:26 EST 1994

Hello,
	In an effort to get to the professionals actually in the field of
virology, I am posting this message asking whether I need an MD to do
molecular biology and epidemiology work with viruses.  I am particularly
interested in the influenza virus and in the herpes virus, and I would
appreciate any and all advice, preferrably by email.  Currently I am
applying to many programs that offer PhD's and PhD/MD degrees, but sometime
in the next year I will probably need to make a more or less final
decision.  Thank you for you time.

Eric J. Nute <ejnute at sccs.swarthmore.edu>