Viruses everywhere, far and wide.

Tue Nov 22 03:01:01 EST 1994

> Face it, no matter how hard we try, no matter how many viruses we
> eventually we are going to slip and death of population.

Whhaaaaat??  We DON'T catch a lot of viruses already, and the
population hasn't gone bust - I think you misunderstand the dynamics
of infection / disease; even given DELIBERATE introductions of
highly virulent viruses into susceptible populations (eg:
myxomatosis in rabbits in the 50's), populations crashed, but soon
recovered.  Less of the doom and gloom!~!

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD          | The percentage you're paying is too  |
 | (ed at   | high-priced, and you're living beyond|
 | Dept Microbiology        |  all your means; And the man in the  |
 | University of Cape Town  |    suit has just bought a new car    |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |       From the profit he's made      |
 | 7700, South Africa       |            on your dreams...         |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023    |        - Steve Winwood, 1971         |
 | tel: xx27-21-650 3265    |   (Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys)    |