Diploid Viruses?

douglas gray cancer research gray at labsun1.med.uottawa.ca
Tue Oct 25 08:00:43 EST 1994

Mark E. Brodsky (markb at hook.eecs.nwu.edu) wrote:
: Recently, I was browsing a Virology WWW page, when I came across a
: referance to "Diploid" viruses. It seemed to imply that these were not
: diploid in the usual sense of the word, but the server did not
: elaborate any more on the subject. Could someone please explain what
: is meant by a diploid virus? Thank you.
: --
: "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure
:  you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
: Mark E. Brodsky					E-mail: mark-brodsky at nwu.edu
: Northwestern University                         or  markb at casbah.acns.nwu.edu

Retrovirus virions contain two RNA copies of the genome, and are
therefore diploid.

Doug Gray