A Modest Proposal

pp000165 at interramp.com pp000165 at interramp.com
Tue Sep 20 20:16:15 EST 1994

In article <199409202025.QAA00361 at ducie.cs.umass.edu>,
<bogus at no.return.address> writes:
> From: bogus at no.return.address (Underdog)
> Newsgroups: bionet.virology
> Subject: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal
> Date: 20 Sep 1994 13:26:19 -0700
> Sender: daemon at net.bio.net

Recomb.  produced magainins, antibiotic peptides originally
obtained from African clawed frogs (X. laevis) are
being explored for spermicide/antibiotic uses.  According to
research with hamster and human sperm they cause sperm
paralysis at safe concentration levels and kill
microorganisms at the same time.

Ref: Grenard: Medical Herpetology. 1994.

he same time.