Viruses And The Immune System

Christopher Robin Kovacs umkovac5 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Sep 27 13:57:22 EST 1994

I have some questions regarding the immune systems in animals and humans.

My dog became ill with a blood disorder, could not be treated effectively, and had to be euthenized.
Apparently, her blood cells were being destroyed by her immune system because of a virus.

Later, my son was diagnosed with and treated for thrombocytopenia which I understand can be triggered
by a virus.

Could the same virus be a causal factor in both cases? And could that virus be carried and
transmitted from a rodent such as a mouse?

My email addr is umkovac5 at CC.UManitoba.CA

Thanks in advance.