Aussie Horse virus

robert at robert at
Thu Sep 29 19:28:23 EST 1994

In article <JEB.Harrison-280994120018 at> JEB.Harrison at (Jane Harrison) writes:
>Has anyone heard of the virus that has killed 14 horses and a trainer in
>Just very interetsed.  The Horses went off their food, then had trouble
>breathing and died, and the trianer exhibited the same symptoms and was
>hosptialised, ending up on respirators and a dyalsis machine, and died

Yep, well the word I have from someone at AAHL is that it is a paramyxo.
Just as soon as I know more, I'll post it

Dr Robert J. Coelen                                  fax:   61-77-791 526
Dept of Biomedical and Tropical Veterinary Sciences  phone: 61-77-815 024
James Cook University of North Queensland
Townsville-just-about-on-THE-reef, Q, 4811
                                      o     e
                                       w   d
                                        n n