fever and chickenpox

robert at chironex.jcu.edu.au robert at chironex.jcu.edu.au
Thu Sep 29 19:31:39 EST 1994

In article <359c6l$qml at www.interramp.com> pp000165 at interramp.com writes:
> Hi, does anyone have any info regarding the detrimental effect of
> fever-reducing drugs in the recovery of viral diseases?
> Somewhere, I'm sure I saw jsut this about chickenpox!
Well, the slight increase in temperature is supposed to beef up the production
of antibodies, so anything to slow that production down may have detrimental

Dr Robert J. Coelen                                  fax:   61-77-791 526
Dept of Biomedical and Tropical Veterinary Sciences  phone: 61-77-815 024
James Cook University of North Queensland
Townsville-just-about-on-THE-reef, Q, 4811
                                      o     e
                                       w   d
                                        n n