hantavirus

Duane James Funk umfunk15 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 4 18:48:38 EST 1995

In <Pine.3.89.9503311444.A553653621-0100000 at medcolpa.edu> repik at MEDCOLPA.EDU writes:

**Snip**

>associated with adult disease, not with disease in children.  In fact,
>the disease is called adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).  There

	I don't mean do nitpick Patricia, but ARDS can be caused by
either bacterial, fungal, viral, or mechanical trauma to the lungs.  In
some cases a specific etiological agent cannot be found and the syndrome
is called UARDS (Unexplained ARDS).  ARDS is sort of an all encompassing
term.
	I'm usually not this priggish. ;)

                                Duane
	University of Manitoba; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
                      umfunk15 at cc.umanitoba.ca