PROPOSAL: bionet.hepatitis

pcook at a4455apc.esr.hp.com pcook at a4455apc.esr.hp.com
Fri Apr 7 07:20:59 EST 1995

As a hepatits C patient searching for information wherever it might lie,
a bionet.hepatitis group would be welcome.

I don't know if a bionet group is the appropriate place for issues of
support and resources for sufferers of the diseases caused by the
viruses, as opposed to or in addition to discussion of the viruses
themselves.  If it is, then I would like to vote twice for it.

There is a fellow named Geff Thorpe in Texas who has hepatitis C, and
went looking for information on the net.  He didn't find anything
really useful, so he started his own personal mail list, which grew
rapidly, and is now a formal listserve'd mail list.

His original intention was to start a newsgroup for information and support
for hepatitis patients.

I don't know where he stands now in the process of starting a newsgroup,
but in the interest of more rapid progress towards getting a newsgroup
going, or to keep competitive factors from interfering with progress,
it might be good for you to contact him.  (gthorpe at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu).

His mailingh list:

Here's the info on joining the chronic hepatitis mail list: