EXCUSE ME, The Earth is NOT Alive!

Patrick O'Neil patrick at corona
Wed Apr 12 23:38:55 EST 1995

On 12 Apr 1995, SusanD4739 wrote:

> The Earth is not a living organism, it is merely a creation of God.  If
> anyone is trying to get us, it would be God.  And I sure as heck know he
> is not trying to kill us because he could do it anytime he wanted in a
> microsecond.

Religious mumbo jumbo aside, though the earth. per se, is NOT alive, it
acts like a superorganism in many ways so that being considered a living
thing is a nice, if faulty analogy.  It is made up of many organisms
(just as we humans are), it appears to have groups of organisms and
physical systems that ACT to mitigate certain imbalances from time to
time, almost like a regulatory system.  It has a circulatory system
(ocean currents and atmospheric movements).  All this doesn't make it
alive in the same way as we are, or any other organism on the planet, but
there are similarities which can be addressed.

Patrick